Call (929) 285-3825 for a risk-free consultation.
Brooklyn Slip and Fall LawyerBrooklyn slip and fall Attorney
Slip and fall accidents can happen anytime. While some accidents cause mild injuries and some sustain fatal injuries. Do you know? More than 1 million patients are admitted as a result of slips and falls. Moreover, according to the National Security New York City Slip and Fall Lawyers Council, slips and falls are the leading cause of unintentional death. Trip and fall accidents can cause various types of injuries. While to prevent it Brooklyn slip and fall lawyer will help you surely.
If you believe you have been a victim of a trip and fall accident, contact our law firm to speak with an experienced Brooklyn slip and fall lawyer for a free consultation, and begin to get your life back on track.
Few Things You Need to Do to Treat Cuts or Injury
Wash the Wound
Sustained an injury due to a trip with injuries? So wash your wound with warm water. And don’t use alcohol and iodine as these wounds will take more time to recover.
Dry the Area
Pat the injured area with a clean towel. And make sure that the injured area is clean and dry.
Apply Antibiotic Ointment
Once the wound is clean and dried, you should apply an antibiotic ointment to the wound.
Keep Cut Clean and Dry
If you are getting concerns about the cut getting dirty, cover it with a clean bandage.
Few Things You Need to Do to Treat Bruises
Firstly, apply ice over the bruise
Secondly, apply heat to improve blood circulation
Finally, use a gel on the bruise
Facts About Slip and falls
- According to CDC, more than 1 million people suffer from tripping injuries.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries are a major cause of trip and fall accidents.
- More than 40% of spinal injuries are the result of slip and fall accidents.
- Older adults are more likely to suffer due to slip and fall as compared to other types of injuries.
- Falls claim approx. 6,000 lives each year.
- 46 percent of all fatal falls happen from trip and fall accidents.
- 85 percent of worker’s claim compensation due to falling from slippery floors.
- Over one million people each year go to an emergency room for trip and fall accidents.
- Slip and fall costs approx. $40,000.
- The extent of injuries decides the compensation.
- Slips and falls can cause worse injuries than car accidents.
- Take pictures of the conditions if you slip and fall.
- Victims have the responsibility to prove negligent conditions.
- 5% of slips and falls involve broken bones.
- Approximately 1 out of 3 adults over 65 falls every year.
- Only 2% of slip and falls go to a jury trial.
- Retail slips and falls can happen in any season.
Places Where Slips and Falls most likely to Be Found
- Retail Stores
- Business Offices
- Construction Sites
- Nursing Homes
- Retirement Homes
When to See the Doctor?
- Bleeding lasts longer than 8-10 minutes
- Wounds are deep
- Severe pain
- Cuts on the neck
- Swelling in the bruise
- The bruise had lasted for over a week
Most Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
Sprains and Fractures
Tripping can cause an individual to twist their ankle, straining the connective ligaments. While some sprains occurred due to body’s natural reaction to trying. The most common fractures resulting from trips and falls are to the hand, forearm, hip, pelvis, leg, upper arm, spine and ankle.
If a person trips, it’s common for them to hurt his/her shoulder directly. And these injuries could be minor to serious. Don’t wait to get your injury healed.
Hip fractures are common among older people. One of the most dangerous injuries resulting from a fall is a fractured hip. More than 95% of broken hips are suffered from falls.
Head and Brain Injuries
Trip and Fall accidents are common causes of traumatic brain injury. In trip and fall accidents, some people sustained a minor concussion. And other people may receive a traumatic brain injury. Do You Know? Slip and fall accident causes 40 percent of all traumatic brain injuries in the United Services.
Treatment for TBI depends on the severity of your injury. If your TBI is minor, your health practitioner may suggest getting enough rest and taking over counter pain medication.
Serious TBIs will likely have a much longer recovery time. The majority of brain injuries need extensive testing.
No matter the extent of your brain injury, all treatments can become expensive and leave you with pain and suffering. Seeking a personal injury claim may help prevent a TBI from becoming a monetarily crippling situation.
Back and Spine Injuries
The spine is important just like the brain. An injury to the spine or spinal cord can lead to temporary or permanent paralysis, a lifetime of pain and suffering, or neurologic and sensory impairments. Go for legal assistance in this case.
Neck injuries are similar to back injuries. Wondering why neck injury is serious? Some people sustain minor neck injuries. In some cases, neck injuries cause temporary or permanent disability.
Trips and falls can often result in broken bones. The older you are, the more likely you may be injured. You have a right to recover physically, financially and mentally.
Soft Tissue Injuries
Soft Tissue Injuries are not visible, so you need to go for medical assistance. These injuries may take days, weeks, months. Soft tissue injuries can cause chronic pain if left untreated.
Proves in Slip and Fall Cases
- Medical Records
- Medical Bills
- Accident Reports
- Witness Statements
- Security Camera Footage
- Photos of the Accident Site
Few Treatment Options For Slips and falls
- Rice Approach (rest, ice, compression, and elevation of the injured area)
- Safe Prescription Pain Relievers
- Anti-Inflammatory Medications
- Physical Therapy
- External Stabilization Techniques
- Immobilization methods
- Stem Cell Treatment
Injured in a slip and fall accident due to someone else’s negligence in Brooklyn? It is important to find and hire an experienced personal injury law firm. By having a professional Brooklyn slip and fall lawyer by your side, you’ll receive the maximum possible compensation for your claim. Contact an attorney at Brooklyn Injury Attorneys, P.C. today for your free consultation!