Call (929) 285-3825 for a risk-free consultation.
Causes of Personal Injury and how can a lawyer help?
The term ‘personal injury’ contains an injury that occurred by the recklessness or negligence of an individual or a party that impacts the body or mind. People who suffer injuries due to someone else’s negligence can file a legitimate claim against the liable party. Also, they can file a claim against any person to get compensation for their damages and injuries And our Brooklyn personal injury lawyer is best in doing so.
Brooklyn Personal Injury LawyerThe skilled lawyers at Brooklyn Injury Attorneys, P.C. know what it takes to get you the highest settlement possible. Our Brooklyn personal injury lawyer will be with you every step of the way, keeping you informed and fighting relentlessly on your behalf.
No matter how alert and responsible a person is, he/she can experience an injury. Personal injuries can badly affect someone’s life by causing physical pain, mental turmoil, and restrictions on life quality. Sometimes, people who experience injuries get the burden of a lot of medical bills that they cannot manage efficiently as they cannot go back to work.
Causes of Personal Injury
Millions of individuals experience accidents every year. While some people even need medical attention for such accidents. Furthermore, the financial effects of these injuries are also significant. Let’s discuss some basic causes of injuries!
1. Construction Accidents
The people working in the construction industry face the most accidents as compared to the other sectors or industries. Many construction sites are there globally where thousands of workers work. Sadly, many construction workers get injured at work because of failing roofing or scaffolding sections, faulty equipment, or other kinds of accidents.
Because of the weight and size of apparatus at construction sites and also the heights which employees need to reach, accidents occur naturally. Also, these injuries can highly affect a worker’s life and extremely restrict their physical capacities.
2. Medical Misconduct
The carelessness of hospitals, clinics, doctors, nurses, and other healthcare experts sometimes leads to severe injuries. While there are various kinds of medical misconduct that happen with different people. And these misconducts incorporate wrong treatment, misdiagnosis, medication errors, surgical malpractice, birth injury, pharmacy mistakes, and the inability to diagnose a serious health condition like cancer.
There are Medical negligence cases that feel complicated enough to think about again and again. And also these cases need the proficiency of a medical malpractice lawyer. In case you lost someone or have been injured due to the negligence of a medical expert, you should contact an experienced lawyer who can efficiently analyze the possible misconduct. If needed, the lawyer can pursue legal action to help you recover compensations for your loss and injuries.
3. Premises Responsibility
This type of personal injury case encompasses victims who got injured on another party or person’s property. Hence, these claims can be filed against a liable party. And because of slips and fall from uneven floor coverings, torn carpets, or even wet floors. While in case a dog attacks you on someone’s property, you can file a claim against the insurance policy of the householder for recovering compensation for your loss.
4. Products Accountability
Faulty and harmful products can lead to severe injuries in public places, at home, and at the office. Also, the wrong operation manuals and warnings can also cause injuries. Besides some examples of dangerous products incorporate harmful medicines, customer goods, food, and kids’ items; faulty medical apparatus and automobile parts; and toxic chemicals and materials.
Liable parties can be businesses, individuals, or government bodies that sold, crafted, made, or promoted a faulty or harmful product. In case you get an injury from a defective product, you should contact an experienced lawyer to assess that product. And also to recognize the liable parties, and make sure that you get optimal compensation for your injuries.
5. Dog Bites
Although dogs are very admirable pets, they can possibly lead to severe damage to victims if they bite. According to the assessment of the Center for Disease Control, more than 4.7 million dog bites occur every year in and around the USA, with more than 800,000 such bites needing medical attention.
Dog bites can be uncritical and minor, or they can be severe in some conditions. In case you have been injured by dog bites, you can recover compensations for mental and physical losses.
6. Wrongful Death
The term ‘wrongful death’ explains a kind of lawsuit that is brought if somebody is killed because of another person’s negligence. Most of these accidents occur out of medical misconduct, nursing home carelessness, car and truck crashes, aeroplane accidents, construction accidents, or the utilization of a harmful or faulty item.
A wrongful death case enables the restoration of damages that are different and exceptional from those accessible when somebody experiences non-fatal injuries.
7. Other Kinds of Personal Injury Lawsuits
These incorporate boating and aviation accidents, nursing home malpractice or abuse, spinal cord and burn injuries, birth and brain injuries, dog and animal bites, food poising, legal misconduct, mesothelioma, asbestos exposure, and other catastrophic injuries or accidents.
Personal Injury Statistics
The following statistics will provide you with a precise understanding of the most common causes of personal injury claims:
1. Car Accidents
- According to the report by the World Health Organization, 35 million individuals die in car accidents worldwide every year.
- Nearly 38,000 people die in car crashes every year in the USA. While the causes of these accidents include speedy driving, drunk driving, driving in bad climatic conditions, using mobiles while driving.
- One pedestrian dies due to automobile crashes on average every 88 minutes.
- The roads of the USA are one of the busiest routes globally. The nation has more than 227.5 million drivers and approx. 280 million cars.
- As per the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Association), the year 2018 has experienced the maximum number of cyclist and pedestrian deaths since 1990. An approximated 96% of the time, the passenger car occupants died in collisions between passenger vehicles and large trucks.
- Figures from the year 2018 showcase that 52% of car accident deaths associated with teens took place on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. While 37% of these accidents occurred between 9 pm and 6 am.
2. Workspace Accidents
- In 2019, workspace injuries reached the utmost level in 12 years with 5333 deaths. 2019 represented a 1.65% increase from 2018.
- According to the information from the Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries, deaths increased among workers 55 years old and more by 8% from 1863 in 2018 to 2005 in 2019.
- The Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries unveiled and reported that one worker died every 99 minutes due to a work-related injury in 2019.
- Workers belonging to construction and extraction occupations encountered 1066 accidental injuries, the highest number since 2007, which is also a 6.3% increase from 2019.
- In private industry, roofers have an extremely high fatality rate of 54 per 100,000 employees.
- According to the US Bureau of Labor 2019 Statistics Data, 27 incidents of slips, falls, and trips, 7 incidents of transportation accidents, 33 incidents of bodily reaction and overexertion, and 8 incidents of violence and other injuries by persons or animals occur per 10,000 full-time workers.
3. Dog Bites
- According to the World Health Organization, tens of millions of animal bites occur every year.
- There wear just 48 fatal dog attacks in the USA in 2019.
- Globally, 60,000 people die from rabies due to dog bites.
- 7 million Dog bite injury cases occur every year in the US.
- 81% of men in adults have more possibilities to be bitten by dogs than women.
- In 2019, the US Postal Service reported that 5,803 of their workers suffered dog bites.
4. Slips, Trips, and Falls
- According to the International Labor Organization’s report, 3 million people encounter accidents every year while working. And this translates into more than 6,000 deaths daily.
- There are nearly 160 million victims of work-related ailments and 340 million occupational accidents
- In 2019, 40% of all occupational accidents and deaths occurred due to transportation incidents.
- According to the workplace fatality statistics by the OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), almost 20% of worker fatalities in the US private sector were in construction in 2019.
- The US Bureau of Labor Statistics unveiled that over 100 employees every week or 15 workers every day died in their workspace in 2019.
Why Hire a Brooklyn Personal Injury Attorney?
In case you require taking legal action for claiming compensation for a personal injury lawsuit, you will have to get suggestions from a lawyer who can handle these kinds of cases. Here’s why you must hire a personal injury lawyer:
1. They Can Negotiate with Insurance Agencies
Negotiating with an insurance agency after filing a personal injury claim can be very difficult. However, a personal injury lawyer knows the tactics of convincing the agencies to accept your order. Hiring an attorney after getting an injury sometimes helps you recover plenty of compensation.
2. They Are Judicial and Professional
Automobile accidents and personal injuries lead to lots of physical pain and emotional turmoil. This trauma makes it tough to make judicial decisions as long as your injury or accident is concerned. A personal injury lawyer can file claims on your behalf. He can help bring expertise, knowledge, and experience into the case. This, as a result, will help you get an ideal settlement.
3. They Help Victims Get Quicker Compensation
If you don’t hire an attorney, you will need to wait until you get complete recovery before looking for compensation. This means it will take more time to get the settlement. You must contact a personal injury attorney instantly after the accident takes place. This is how they can file claims on your behalf while you are recovering. A certified lawyer is highly experienced with the same cases as yours and the legalities related to those cases. Thereby, our Brooklyn personal injury lawyer can manage all obstacles and help you receive compensation ASAP.
4. They Help Receive Medical Attention
Hiring a personal injury attorney will help you at any time when something occurs to you. If you need medical care, they can help you get that also. The treatment quality you get will help you experience a speedy recovery as well. If your Brooklyn personal injury lawyer is aware of medical misconduct and personal injury, he will make sure to help you receive proper care. While you are recovering, the lawyer can file personal injury claims on your behalf.
5. They Help You Decide the Right Way
Filing a personal injury claim will be difficult for you if you are not aware of legal processes. Oftentimes, the offending party owns up to their faults and wants to compensate you. In these cases, in case the compensation amount is sufficient for your injuries, it would not be necessary to take court actions. A Brooklyn personal injury lawyer will assess the unique situation and tell you the choices available to you. Moreover, he can give counsel on the best way of action, based on the extremity of your situation.
A personal injury can have a long-lasting and severe effect on a person’s life. He may experience working inability, lots of medical expenses, etc. Our law firm’s Brooklyn personal injury lawyer will help you recover the compensations you deserve for your injuries. We will check your claim and explore the available legal options for you absolutely free.